The Crispin Ellison Bursary Award
Legacy Link are pleased to announce the Crispin Ellison Bursary Award will be open for applicants for the second year. The bursary aims to further the professional development of those working or volunteering in the charity sector.
The Crispin Ellison Bursary Award will be open for applicants from January 2018, to cover the costs for two successful applicants to complete the Certificate in Charity Legacy Administration (CiCLA), plus the cost of a year’s membership of the Institute of Legacy Management (ILM).
The award is named in recognition of former Legacy Link Director Crispin Ellison, who retired in May 2016 after a career spanning four decades in both legacy marketing and administration.
Applications open on Monday 8th January and close on Thursday 1st March 2018.
Who can apply?
The bursary award is open to anyone working or volunteering for a charity in the UK, who could benefit from increasing their knowledge and skills in the field of legacy administration and management.
You may be directly involved in legacy administration or marketing, responsible for managing or growing your charity’s legacy income, or have a governance role, such as a Trustee.
As long as you have a current relationship with a UK charity and can demonstrate why you and your charity will benefit from completing the CiCLA qualification, you can apply.
It is open to all types and sizes of charities, but we will give priority to smaller charities who have less budget for staff and volunteer development.
Full terms and conditions are available here – bursary-award-guidelines.
How to apply
To apply for the Crispin Ellison Bursary Award, please answer each of the following questions, using 150 words or less per answer.
- Full name
- Charity you work / volunteer for
- Contact telephone, email and address.
- What does your current role involve?
- What is your experience and prior knowledge of legacy administration or legacy marketing? Please include details of any legacy administration training you may have already received.
- How will the CiCLA benefit you and the charity you work for? How do you plan to share the knowledge gained within or outside your charity?
- Please tell us why you feel you are a good applicant for the Bursary award.
You also need to submit a CV and the name of two referees, one of whom needs to be an employee of the charity you are working with.
Applications must be submitted by 5pm on 1st March 2018 by email to email@example.com
Successful applicants will be notified in May 2018.